Help children know and understand the dangers of smoking, and the harmful effects that smoking can have on their bodies.
- Provide children with the knowledge and information necessary for them to make responsible choices in relation to smoking.
- Equip children with the social skills that enable them to resist the pressure to smoke, either from their peer group, or from society in general.
- Promote a healthy, smoke-free environment in schools and factories.
THE PROJECT GOALS
- The target groups quit from smoking.
- The target groups can apply the lessons that they get.
- The target groups can motivate their friends not to smoke.
- There is a media consultation centre in the target group’s area.
- The parents and communities understand the value health treatment.
- The target groups are detected their diseases after doing medical check-up.
- The target groups do not need health improvement.
- The training is not interested to the target groups.
- The laziness of the target groups to attend the training.
- The parents do not give motivation to their children to join to the activities.
- The project leader is seldom to monitor the activities of the program implementation.
- The curriculums of study learning process are difficult to understand.
- The field workers do not give motivation to target groups to better their health
STRATEGY AND ACTIVITIES
- Socialization to the Local Clinic
- The socialization is to get the data of children that often visited to the clinic to cure their diseases and to require the clinic doctor to become the facilitator of the program activities.
- Approaching to Village Officers
The socialization to village officers is to explain and to get support of the program, objective and results of the program. The moral supports from community leaders are important to smooth the program activities.
- Selecting Contact Persons and Target Groups
They will help the organization to select correct target groups to join the program. The local contact persons also help communication between field worker and target groups. Target groups will be selected based on the criteria.
- Approaching to Village Organizations
The approaching to the local organization is to request their support to the program. They can be involved in planning program implementation and evaluation. The local organizations that participate in the activities are PKK (Women Organization) and PLKB (Family Planning Organization).
- Training Activities
Training activities will be facilitated by the doctor of the clinic related to the danger of tobacco, affect the smoking to the children, affect to the passive smoking, how to stop smoking, how to avoid smoking, how to live health and the other lessons related to get healthy life style.
- Medical Check up
The medical check-up will be done twice a year for all target groups. The implementation of the activities will cooperate with medical laboratory. The purpose of medical check-up is to understand the health problem of the target groups. By understanding the real problem of the health, the doctor will be easy to determine the medicines and treatment that must be handled.
- Providing Immunization
The immunization is to prevent the child labours from diseases, because in rural area where the target groups live, the immunization to the children are almost never paid attention by the parents when they were still babies, so that they are easy to strike with any kinds of diseases. Considering that the target groups are teens, so that the immunization will be given to their age.
- Providing Additional Nutrition and Vitamins
The target groups will get additional nutrition and vitamins. The purposes of this activity are to develop the health quality of the children and to grow optimally. In giving additional nutrition will cooperate with local organization such as xxx and local clinic.
- Awareness to Parents and Communities
There are many techniques to reach the parents and communities awareness to improve healthy life style – there are, home visit, and using media communication such as brochures, posters and bulletins. The media of communication will be made in simple way related to their low education.
- Sustainable Program
There will be a public consultation centre to serve the children and communities to consult their personals problem related to their health problem. The centre is not only to serve the target groups but also the local communities and the parents that want to consult with experts. The next, the centre will be used as a media to campaign the Child Right’s.
The organisation was established by xxxxx. The establishment of the organization based on the idealism of honesty, love, care and friendship to the children less than 18 years old. The organization’s commitment is to improve health, wellbeing and skills especially to the children from low-socioeconomic status. We define that health broadly included within the view link among physical, economic, social, and psychologically health factors that affect individuals, families, and communities.
- To develop health quality to the children.
- To develop skills and talents to the children
- To encourage the children to grow-up, live, and work in a healthy environment
- To discuss with the parents about the importance of health and education to the children
We believe that children under 18 years old need to be protected from the practices that can resist their development physically and emotionally.
Organizing the activities that can increase the children development, for example; vocational training for skills and health.
REPORTING AND EVALUATION
Evaluation report will be done a mid-and end-term evaluation report, made by an independent expert indicating how far the project has been implemented and to what extent the stated objectives have been achieved.
The report will be done quarterly and provide the project’s activities and expenditures for the period covered in each report and financial position.